This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
testing an integrated build
- To: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: testing an integrated build
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:07:57 -0500
I'm using a unified GCC+libgcj source tree, current CVS for both, on
sparc-sun-solaris2.8, just to test the upcoming merge.
During a bootstrap, boehm-gc, libffi, and zlib all build, but I'm seeing
two fatal problems in libjava:
1) deps.mk references a bunch of .d files which don't exist (commented out
the Makefile's include statement to get around this)
2) compiling Boolean.java gives me:
-B/builddir/gcc/ -C -g -classpath
java/lang/Boolean.java:25: Blank static final variable `FALSE' may not have
public static final Boolean FALSE = new Boolean(false);
java/lang/Boolean.java:26: Blank static final variable `TRUE' may not have
public static final Boolean TRUE = new Boolean(true);
gmake: *** [libgcj.zip] Error 1
gmake: Leaving directory `/builddir/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libjava'
I don't really know where to go from here.
pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com | pme at sources dot redhat dot com
devphil at several other less interesting addresses in various dot domains
The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.