RE: static linking

Bryce wrote:
> Hmm. Works for me. libtool should figure it out based on the -lsupc++ flag
> that is passed to it:

FWIW, the last time I tried this I got the same results as Jeff.  I didn't
report it as it seemed like people were still shaking out bugs from libstdc++
and libsupc++, but perhaps this is a real problem.

Jeff wrote:
> 2) classes loaded dynamically (via Class.forName) don't get linked
>
> I don't see any good solution.  I got around it by linking the following
dummy
> class into my executable, but YMMV:

Hmm.. won't the class loader rummage around in appropriately named shared
libraries?  What happens when you make a symlink from libgcj.so to gnu-gcj.so?

AG