Re: A java DEBUG flag

"Kevin A. Burton" wrote:

> As an asside... I have always wanted a standard place to read java properties
> files instead of having to pass -D to the JVM.

The JDK has a few runtime config files such as font.properties, so we may eventually
want a mechanism like this. Perhaps we should consider generalizing it to extend to
system properties for all applications?

> Maybe we need to have an
> /etc/java.properties file that GJC has to read.  Since -D won't work for
> statically compiled apps in GJC maybe this is the better way.

gcj can use -D. You can either compile properties into your executable on the gcj
command line, or use "gij" as a front end to your application and pass a -D argument
there.

regards

  [ bryce ]