Re: PLATform

Jeff> Most are supported by gcc.  Libgcj is a little more problematic,
Jeff> since there are a few bits that are non-portable.  In
Jeff> particular, I don't think libffi has an HP port yet.

It doesn't.  Doing such a port might be hard.  I heard the PA ABI is
complex.

Currently I believe that libgcj works on Linux (x86, PPC, IA-64, and
maybe ARM -- I haven't tried that one) and Solaris Sparc.  We've done
at least one port to a MIPS chip which didn't have an OS.  It might
work on other platforms, but I don't know.  There is a partial Windows
port which is not complete.