Re: Get an idea of the gcj/libgcj status

>> This means ugly (aesthetically, not difficult) configure hacking to
>> figure out what to do.

Alexandre> I'd rather do the tests at run-time.  Think of a Java
Alexandre> application built with the old glibc but running with the
Alexandre> newer one.

Me too, but I can't think of a way to do them.  Can you?

Well, one way would be to run a UTF-8 encoded \ufeff through iconv and
see what comes out.  But that only tells you about the UTF-8->UCS-2
conversion path.  It is possible, I suppose, that different conversion
paths do different things.  Testing is required before making this
assumption.