Re: can't compile cvs/snapshot gcj for a week

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 03:37:52PM -0700, Adrian Vance Custer wrote:
> --- Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > I had the same problem. It is described in the FAQ at
> > <http://sources.redhat.com/java/faq.html#5_7>
>
> Yes, sorry about that, I had seen it earlier and had forgotten.

I just updated the webpages to make that problem more clear.

> 2)
> I'm still not sure whether to mail this to disscuss or submit problem reports.
> The web site is somewhat unclear about the difference. Tom said this was a good
> place so I'll keep at it.

Please write to this list. If we want you to also file a bug report we will
tell you :)

> 3)
> About Iterators:
>
> Are these supported? I get the following when I compile with gcj but it
> compiles fine with javac (sun/blackdown port):
>
> State.java: In method `make_progress()':
> State.java:99: Can't find method `iterator()' in type `java.util.Vector'.
> 	Iterator progCheckIt = progress_links_vec.iterator();
>
> Indeed in the sources there is no method. Should there be one? Is this planned?
> The file has a bunch of TODO's but no iterator(). I can see the Iterator class
> but no method to generate it.

We are slowly merging the Classpath (which does already has Vector.iterator())
and libgcj classes. If you want a datastructure that already has support for
iterators please use (Array or Linked) List. Anthony Green checked these
in just a few minutes ago, so you will have to update your libgcj.
Or you can try to replace the libgcj Vector.java with the Classpath version
<http://subversions.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/classpath/java/util/Vector.java>

Success,

Mark