USENIX JVM'01 Symposium

Hello,

I'm on the program committee for the first USENIX Java Virtual Machine
Technology and Research Symposium ("JVM'01"). I'm writing to encourage
folks on the GCJ team to submit one or more papers to this symposium;
this is the first USENIX conference on a Java-oriented topic and I
think it would be great to see some papers on GCJ and related projects.

The focus of the workshop is on JVM and Java compiler design, that is,
the lower-level aspects of Java performance and functionality which are
not necessarily well-represented at other conferences. We are trying not
to overlap too heavily with JavaGrande or OOPSLA; if you look at the
call for papers I think you will see that JVM'01 intends to cover topics
not addressed by either venue.

The submission deadline is November 1, 2000 and you can find the call
for papers at:
  http://www.usenix.org/events/jvm01/cfp/

Please let me know if you are interested and if you have any questions.
If you would like to submit a paper and don't know how to proceed, get
in touch and I will be happy to help.

Also, I would appreciate it if you could help me in distributing the call
for papers.

Thanks!

Matt Welsh