now i'm a little confused

Mingw... umm, what's that? never heared of....

I didn't really see anything about that on the libgcj for wincyg:
http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~jb7216/libgcj/
is the URL i have, is it correct / latest-one ?

To startable jar files: yup i already got the manifest stuff.
However most aren't capable of downloading the right VM, installing it,
and then think of double-clicking a jar file. (But in this way stdout window
is missing ;(

The executable i ment, was from stuff from MS, it generated an exe wich
had classes as resource, as I found it did nothing else than calling the
explorer VM... (And this one is no good!)

to mark kimsal:
> I didn't compile gcc itself on wingcc if you mean that, however
> installing was quite stright forward...

> Downlaod best ALL the binary packages from the ftp server in a same
> structure on your harddisk, click setup, and then run the icon that has
> been placed on your desktop, not the bat file.... (hope it helps)

Cross compiling? Well I have a dual boot (suse linux) ....
I can use the normal libgcj in linux to create windows executables?

To the speed stuff, I just want to reach hotspot performance itself,
shooting over it would be nice of course but not necassary....
(One thing is that some people want to port everything of the project to
c++, however i don't like this thought. I want to push more to use maybe some
native routines in speed critical stuff, and use a native compiler for the
rest...)

- knox