Re: gcj and cygnus

knoxos knoxos wrote:
> I just managed to manage get cygwin, gcc and gcj to run...
> And compiled and linked my first HelloWorld.java application
> (I'm tried for win95)

OK.  Beware that gcj on Cygwin isn't really actively worked on... the original
maintainer switched his efforts to supporting mingw I believe.  It may compile
and run out of the box, however, threads probably won't work without
considerable effort.

I don't recall whether or not GC works, although Boehm's GC has been ported
separately to Cygwin.

> However if executed I get following error:
> "The A.EXE file is linked to missing export
> KERNEL32.DLL:GetFileAttributesExA."

So you're on Win95.  Cygwin doesn't support Win95.  Double whammy.  If you have
questions regarding this, you should ask on the Cygwin mailing list.

Do you know where this function is getting called?  It probably isn't used in
libgcj.  (Actually it is used in libjava/java/io/natFileWin32.cc but for Cygwin
you shouldn't be using this source, compile natFile.cc instead.)

--
Jeff Sturm
jeff.sturm@appnet.com