Re: swing implementation

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 10:33:50AM -0700, Magnus Persson wrote:
> Why not use kaffe:s (www.kaffe.org) libraries ?
>
> They already work with swing. They also have a mode of
> operating with gcj (I don't know if this is updated).
> (kaffes-libraries (more complete) compiled with gcj (faster code) ).

Note that these libraries only implement the AWT subset that is needed
to run the Sun implementation of Swing on top of it. It does not
contain a cleanroom implementation of Swing.

I've been developing a Xlib based AWT toolkit. As part of this, I've
started a cleanroom Swing implementation. I've currently only got
JButton, JLabel, and their associated classes up and running. Since
pure Xlib does not have any native widget set, I've been implementing
heavyweight AWT components by redirecting requests to lightweight Swing
components.

--
Rolf W. Rasmussen