Re: where should the .o files end up?

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Mo> Would it be possible to get the -d option to do the same
> Mo> thing as this -o option? That would be a lot easier for
> Mo> most Java developers as it would match what javac does.
>
> You mean using -d when compiling to object?  I don't know if that is
> possible or not.  If it is it is probably ugly to do.

Right, -d has no effect on object files, and probably shouldn't, to
remain compatible with other GNU compilers.

For compatibility with JDK, I recommend a shell script... you can even
call it `javac'.  If I can still find the one I used, I'll post it to
the list.

> When compiling to .class files gcj already acts like javac.

Except for dependent classes, yes.

--
Jeff Sturm
jeff.sturm@appnet.com