Re: Gtk constants in Java

Oskar> As I see it, there are only three viable alternatives:

One additional thing to do would be to ask the Gtk developers which
solution is most "Gtk-like".  The idea here is to try to reduce the
conceptual burden of moving from Gtk/C to Gtk/Java, by keeping the
models "similar" and "intuitive".

Oskar> 2. One "static" class for each flag/enum-set, with int-constants as
Oskar>    the first alternative above (GtkArrowType.UP, GtkArrowType.DOWN,
Oskar>    ..). This is the nicest solution IMHO. It is also efficient if
Oskar>    the run-time needn't keep the classes in memory. (Is this true?)

My guess is that the gain here will be very small or maybe
unmeasurable.  We're probably only talking about a couple of pages of
memory.