Re: AWT, Gtk, Classpath and libgcj

>>>>> "Oskar" == Oskar Liljeblad <osk@hem.passagen.se> writes:

Oskar> I'm curious about the AWT support in libgcj. Is the idea to
Oskar> merge Classpath's AWT into libgcj, or was there some licensing
Oskar> issue preventing this? It would be nice if someone could give
Oskar> the details here.

The Classpath AWT is licensed under the GPL, I believe, not the
GPL+exception.  So we aren't going to be bringing it into libgcj.

Maybe some day in the future we'll be able to talk RMS into
relicensing.  Or, maybe we'll be able to write our own implementation.
(If we do write our own we think we'll be able to reuse the Classpath
Gtk+ peers -- so we'd only have to rewrite the Java side.)  It is hard
to say, though.

There's nothing stopping you from building the Classpath AWT on your
own.