Re: Array marking

>>>>> "Bryce" == Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz> writes:

Bryce> In a JIT compiler, we might need to mark the actual methods
Bryce> themselves, but we still don't need to scan the vtable beacuse
Bryce> they are also reachable via Class-> methods[i]->ncode.

Currently the interpreter keeps some extra info for each method (by
extending the Class class).  On my long-term to-do list is to clean
this up and add an API so that pluggable JITs (or interpreters) are
possible.  In this scenario the JIT would also have to register
something that knows how to scan these extra bits.