Re: Array marking

(Resending mail... looks like ORBS finally caught up to my ISP :\)

Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> But if we don't mark classes at all, how do we know when a classloader
> becomes unreachable?

Good question.  I had only been considering the case where
getClassLoader() == null.

It seems that classloaders are circularly referenced from their set of
classes, and therefore they are collectable if and only if they, and
each of their classes, are all unreachable.  So interpreted classes at
least must be marked from their instances.  (I know you mentioned the
possibility of unloading native classes too.  I'm frankly not sure how
that could be done.)

--
Jeff Sturm
jsturm@sigma6.com