Re: internal error in check-init

Fredrik Warg <warg@ce.chalmers.se> writes:

> (Note: I could compile my program simply by sticking in a
> 'case FIELD_DECL: break;', but perhaps there should be
> something more in there???)

Yes.  A FIELD_DECL is not a valid expression by itself,
so it should not be passed to check_init.  Instead, I
suspect there is some other tree node that *refers to*
a FIELD_DECL, and that parent tree node is where the
real error is.

So I suggest running jc1 under gdb, and go up one or
more stack frames to examine the context of the FIELD_DECL.
I.e. what kind of node is being passed to check_init in
the outer one or two calls to check_init.

(I'm rusty on this, so I could easily be wrong.)
--
	--Per Bothner