This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: java.net: Classpath vs. libgcj Comparison
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at pasanda dot cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: java.net: Classpath vs. libgcj Comparison
- From: "Daniel L. Rall" <dlr at finemaltcoding dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:50:35 -0700
- CC: mdw at cs dot berkeley dot edu, bryce at albatross dot co dot nz, arenn at urbanophile dot com, classpath at gnu dot org, gs at sevenmountains dot no, java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
> > My guess was that this was added to java.net.InetAddress to mask any
> > incompatibilities between operating systems in this regard.
> That's possibly true, but that doesn't excuse an incorrect
> implementation; a cache that doesn't obey the expiration times is
Agreed. Router caches can be a huge pain in the ass...this would create
a similar problem.
Daniel Rall (firstname.lastname@example.org)