Re: java.net: Classpath vs. libgcj Comparison

Jeff wrote:
> Unless the classpath code somehow avoids these problems, I don't
> recommend caching address lookups.

Sun's "solution" was to add an implementation specific property,
sun.net.inetaddr.ttl, which you set to the number of seconds to cache
addresses for (or -1 for forever).

I looked this up in Sun's bug parade a while ago because I couldn't
believe they actually force implementations to cache in the spec.
Perhaps this was a mistake.

AG

--
Anthony Green                                                        Red Hat
                                                       Sunnyvale, California