Re: gnu.* namespace discussion

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org> writes:

Brian> In what way is anyone else using gnu.java.* which conflicts
Brian> with GNU Classpath?  Maybe that's the real problem.  No central
Brian> name space controller has been forthcoming from the FSF.

I don't think anybody is actively using this namespace in a
conflicting way.  At least, I don't know of it.  Warren's point is
that "gnu.java" is a fairly generic namespace for what are essentially
implementation details of Classpath.  I agree with him -- I think the
renaming would make sense.

I also agree with you: GNU needs a central namspace controller for
gnu.*.  I don't see why the Classpath group couldn't fulfill this
role.