Only-happens-once error building libgcj

Okay, this has happened 3 times now, so I guess it qualifies as more
than a JOOT. Since yesterday, whenever doing a complete rebuild of
libgcj, I get the following error message:

java/sql/Date.java: In class `java.sql.Date':
java/sql/Date.java: In method `valueOf(java.lang.String)':
java/sql/Date.java:70: Incompatible type for `return'. Explicit cast
needed to convert `java.util.Date' to `java.sql.Date'.
      return(new Date(d.getTime()));
      ^
1 error

The weird thing is, this error only happens once. If I type "make" a
second time, all is fine!

As far as I can tell, theres nothing wrong with the code (and gcj
accepts it just fine if I compile java/sql/Date manually). Something
weird to do with dependencies with the same name that arn't yet
compiled, maybe?

  [ bryce ]