Re: Speeding up method searches

>> What if we replace the hash table in natString.cc with a
>> java.util.Hashtable?

Bryce> I don't think so. Interned strings should still be collectable,
Bryce> right?

Yeah, duh.  Thanks.

Bryce> Maybe we can put a special finalizer in natString.cc and call
Bryce> _Jv_RegisterFinalizer from String.intern()?

Yeah, we can do this.  String is already special; making it special in
one more way won't hurt.

Bryce> I would say that Interning should be as fast as possible if we
Bryce> are going to be calling it on every method name and signature
Bryce> of every initialized class.

Good point.