This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: CNI namespace
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: CNI namespace
- From: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Date: 03 Apr 2000 12:56:30 -0700
- Cc: java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <200004031914.MAA02903@ferrule.cygnus.com>
Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> In some situations it is useful for a CNI "jobject" and a JNI
> "jobject" to be different. For instance, this is the case if we have
> a precise, copying collector that doesn't have the ability to lock
> down an object.
I don't get it. How does having two kinds of jobject help?