Re: CNI namespace

>> Given "jarray foo", in CNI, foo->length is valid, in JNI it is not.

Per> So?  I'm not seeing the problem.  In JNI, you use GetArrayLength.

My understanding is that Paul wants to write a wrapper class which
looks like a CNI jarray but acts like a JNI array.

Per> (As suggested earlier, we could sacrifice some portability in
Per> favor of simpler source files, by requiring the use of g++, but
Per> with a flag to generate the JNI ABI.  Then the binaries can be
Per> used with any Java VM, but you need non-portable tools to
Per> generate the binaries.)

The current plan is to use Paul's wrapper class idea.
Changing g++ would work, but there is nobody to do the actual
implementation.  (And, in my estimation, it is unlikely that the g++
maintainers would accept the patch in any case.)