Re: libgcj and GNU Classpath

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Reilly <preilly@allaire.com> writes:

Paul> I've been toying around with doing a CNI port of the java.awt
Paul> classes from Classpath.  If I get my employer to allow me to
Paul> contribute the work that I have done, where would this logically
Paul> go.  For now, I've created a cni directory that mirrors the
Paul> native directory in my Classpath CVS checkout.

Nobody knows yet.  You're first on the scene!

One idea that's being discussed is to find some way to write the code
once and then do the translation to JNI or CNI at compile time.
Nothing concrete has been done here yet.  It might not even be
possible to do, for all I know.