Re: building libgcj on irix 6.5

Andrew Haley wrote:
> > You might get a successful build with --disable-sjlj-exceptions.
>
> It looks as though you've got my libgcj changes in but not my gcj
> changes.  Here's the patch.

Thanks Andrew.  I had previously searched for "Sjlj" in gcc/java and
came up empty.

Out of curiousity... why are setjmp/longjmp exceptions important, and
why does libgcj only use them on non-Intel, non-SPARC machines by
default?  I don't remember seeing it recently on java-discuss.  I'm
concerned about the extra overhead incurred with setjmp/longjmp on
platforms where a range-table implementation is available.

--
Jeff Sturm
jsturm@sigma6.com