Re: [Q] can't build libgcj on Solaris 2.6

Lincoln Spiteri wrote:

> I am curious, did you enable threads. Do threaded applications work on Solaris?
> They use to but when I tried compiling from snapshots last week they did not. Is
> this a known issue? There are no clear references about this on the list
> archives.

If this is of interest for you: for me the last version of egcs
known to work on sparc/solaris is egcs-19991110; although
threaded applications don't work. See:

  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/java-prs/1999-q4/msg00149.html

I applied these patches

  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/java-patches/1999-q4/msg00065.html

and achieved a different behaviour. I now get

java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner

BTW: egcs-19991122 doesn't compile libgcj (gcj hangs during
compilation of a libgcj java file) and egcs-19991201 doesn't
compile at all.

Jörg