Re: [Q] can't build libgcj on Solaris 2.6

 > On a SPARC/Solaris near me I'm able to build
 > it with the --with-as option. Use the gnu
 > linker and the gnu assembler. I use the
 > 2.9.1 binutils versions. Perhaps informations
 > found here
 >
 >   http://www.informatik.fernuni-hagen.de/import/pi3/joerg/gcj/howto.html
 >
 > might help.

The web page is of great help.
I have successfully built gcc and libgcj.  Thank you!

 > FWIW this is not the standard Solaris problem.  The standard problem
 > is that the resulting executable core dumps.
 >
 > I have never seen this problem before.  After you rebuilt gcc, did you
 > reconfigure libgcj in a clean tree?

Yes.  I reconfigured in a clean tree.

Since it is not the standard Solaris problem, it may be caused
by my configuration or environment.  Now it seems to be solved
by adding the --with-as=XXX configuration option.

---
Yosh