Re: Missing function in libgcj.a (Was: cannot compile libgcj)

Mark wrote:
> Thanks. Everything is finally compiled. Now I hit the next snag. I
> tried to statically link and the function "terminate" cannot be found.
> Dynamic linking works just fine. I checked and the function is there
> in libgcj.so but not in libgcj.a:

This code is actually in libgcc.a.  It appears in the .so because
libgcc.a is always linked into shared libraries.

Try creating a linker mapfile when statically linking to determine
which libgcc.a is being used.

AG

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California