This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
- To: Kresten Krab Thorup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: gij
- From: Tom Tromey <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:39:47 -0700
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Kresten" == Kresten Krab Thorup <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Kresten> Where I am working, we mostly use Solaris, but there is some
Kresten> serious linker problem in that configuration. Does anyone
Kresten> have an idea of if and when this could be fixed?
I thought the problem could be solved by using the latest binutils
The basic problem is that libtool doesn't really support C++. With
the Solaris linker it doesn't arrange for the C++ static constructors
to be run.
The libtool people are working on this, but I don't know the status.
I doubt anybody here has time to work on it :-(
- Re: gij
- From: Kresten Krab Thorup <email@example.com>
- From: Kresten Krab Thorup <firstname.lastname@example.org>