This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: performance - some details (and shellsort)
- To: Norman Hendrich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: performance - some details (and shellsort)
- From: Jeff Sturm <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:19:24 -0400
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Organization: sigma6
- References: <199908171606.SAA11748@tech13.informatik.uni-hamburg.de>
Norman Hendrich wrote:
> > For the POSIX thread implementation the waiting is done via a
> > condition variable. This shouldn't cause busy-waiting, but maybe it
> > does on Linux. I haven't looked.
> It seems that the libpthread I have at home is broken. Thanks again
> for your answer!
I didn't mention that I was using glibc 2.1... pthreads was still broken
in 2.0. The implementations of condition variables and mutexes may have
changed; I don't really know.