Re: gcj performance: benchmarks

Bryce:
> Continuing with the current performance theme, I thought I'd post a few
> benchmark results of my own:

This was very interesting.  Thanks.

Was your libgcj compiled with optimization?  The .java files aren't
currently compiled with optimization by default.

As Per mentioned, there are many opportunities for us to improve
performance.  Per also made an important point about compiling from
source code.  Most of these benchmarks involve loops.  Gcj doesn't
currently recover loop information from bytecode and so loses out on a
handful of important loop optimizations.

In any case, thanks for the numbers.  It would be cool to graph our
numbers as they change over time.

AG

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California