Re: Gcj

Since I started using gcj for this verifier I'm writing, it has
started to annoy me that it is so expensive to use static methods.

And well, this must be something that you have discussed a lot, so
there is no easy solution.  But maybe it would be worth it to compile
static method calls using an indirection, and then flip that
indirection pointer the first time it is used?  This is no worse than
calling a shared library function (on most modern OS'es)..  And it
would also bring gcj closer to spec; the initialization is supposed to
happen *at* the first real use.  Then there's just static field
initializaiton left...

Just 2 cents, ...

-- Kresten

 Kresten Krab Thorup, Ph.D. Candidate