Re: Can gcj be set up to cross compile?

> From: Lincoln Spiteri <lincoln.spiteri@st.com>
> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:56:23 +0200
>
> On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, aph@pasanda.cygnus.co.uk wrote:
> > Yes.  We do it all the time.
> >
> > Now, what was your target?  Not all are supported.
>
> Linux host targeting Solaris 2.5.1.

Mm.  You should have no trouble compiling.  However, you'll need to
build a cross linker, and I'm not sure if gnu ld on Linux can do
Solaris linking.

We have libgcj support for Solaris, so that should work OK.  We are
still seeing a few test failures for that platform, however.

I suggest that you try it and see.