Build problem

When I try to build libgcj, I get an error

__builtin_new                       .libs/libgcj.so
terminate(void)                     .libs/libgcj.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/jv-convert
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So __builtin_new and terminate(void) are undefined.  I see in the
changelog that __builtin_new was removed a while ago.

I'm compiling this with the latest egcs.

The problem only appears one place, in posix-threads.cc.  The
__builtin_new is generated for the code

 void
 _Jv_ThreadInitData (_Jv_Thread_t **data, java::lang::Thread *)
 {
   _Jv_Thread_t *info = new _Jv_Thread_t;

   info->flags = 0;
   info->exception = NULL;