Re: Building libgcj on Linux/Alpha

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Sturm <jsturm@sigma6.com> writes:

Jeff> Below are patches necessary to build/use libgcj on Linux/Alpha.

Cool!

Jeff> There is another small problem in boehm-gc... the
Jeff> alpha_mach_dep.s file has preprocessor symbols, and the current
Jeff> Makefile runs "as alpha_mach_dep.s" which fails on Linux.  I got
Jeff> past by renaming it to alpha_mach_dep.S and compiling with "gcc
Jeff> -c alpha_mach_dep.S".  Since patch isn't very friendly to
Jeff> renaming files, is there a cleaner workaround?

It seems like this ought to just work.
boehm-gc/Makefile.am has this:

    .s.o:
	    $(LTCOMPILE) -x assembler-with-cpp -c $<

Can you find out why this rule is not being used?

Jeff> I noticed the current libgcj is based on 4.13alpha2... is there
Jeff> a plan to migrate to 4.14?

We are planning to do it soon, but I don't have a date in mind.

Are you sending the GC patches to Boehm as well?