GCJ goals

The GCJ project is very exciting... however, if there's time in the
middle of all the work, it would be good to see an explicit list of
what the goals of the project are.

For example, 'make Java run faster' is an obvious one, but what about
less obvious things that may or may not be important, depending on the
consumer.

I guess this would be Chapter 1 of the design overview paper that
is to be written eventually, which I'd also love to see..

[ Just to be clear, I have no problem with coding first and documenting
later, so there's no implied criticism here. ]

Thanks,
-Archie