Re: egcs_update script, should touch java files?

  In message <199809162149.RAA19915@caip.rutgers.edu>you write:
  > 	Okay, I've checked in patches for egcs_update and faq.html
  > adding to them gcc/java/parse.[ch].
Thanks.

  > However I noticed there is a circular dependency between
  > gcc/java/parse.[ch].  Here is the output from make:
  >
  >  > make[3]: Circular parse.h <- parse.c dependency dropped.
  >
  > 	This may cause make to try to rebuild them with bison anyway, if
  > the dropped dependency is opposite from the order the two files are
  > touched.  (Was that worded clearly?)
  >
  > 	I'm not sure which dependency should go.
Yea.  I'd noticed, but hadn't actually looked at it.

Looking at it now, I think having PARSE_C depend on PARSE_H, lex.c
and lex.h is probably wrong.  parse.c is built simply from parse.y.

But maybe there's something I'm missing.

I've cc'd the java discussion group to get their opinions.
jeff