Re: libgcj/3694: natPlainDatagramSocketImpl.cc doesn't compile in ALPHA OSF1

Synopsis: natPlainDatagramSocketImpl.cc doesn't compile in ALPHA OSF1

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->ro
Responsible-Changed-By: ro
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Jul 26 12:00:36 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    Mine.
State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: ro
State-Changed-When: Thu Jul 26 12:00:36 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    The socklen_t problem also exists on Tru64 UNIX V4.0F with
    patch kit 2, but not with patch kit 4, and is also fixed
    on V5.1.  I on V4.0F with patch kit 4, the definition of
    socklen_t is conditional on the definition of _POSIX_PII_SOCKETS,
    the same feature test macro used to select either the new
    (posix-style with socklen_t) or old (with size_t) declarations
    of various socket functions.  If a similar patch exists for
    V5.0 and V5.0A, this could be used as a workaround.

    I tried to define _POSIX_PII_SOCKETS myself in java/net/natPlainDatagramSocketImpl.cc
    and java/net/natPlainSocketImpl.cc, but this triggers a different
    problem: with this macro defined, accept is changed into
    a three-argument macro, conflicting with the one-argument
    accept in java/net/PlainSocketImpl.h (from PlainSocketImpl.java).
    We cannot work around this by replacing accept by e.g. _accept,
    since this accept method is part of the public interface.

    Ideas?

    I don't know what to do about the mreq6 problem, since I
    don't have any V5.0/V5.0A machine.  But I recall that while
    IPv6 was first introduced in V5.1, V5.0 had some of the types etc.
    mandated by the IPv6 extensions to the socket api.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=3694&database=gcc