Re: gcj/333

The following reply was made to PR gcj/333; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco <apbianco@cygnus.com>
To: Oskar Liljeblad <osk@hem.passagen.se>
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcj/333
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:35:41 -0800 (PST)

 Oskar Liljeblad writes:

 >  I have tried the patch and it works fine. However, it still prints
 >
 >    warning: Source file `X.java' for class `Y' is newer than its
 >    matching class file. Source file used instead
 >
 >  even when the file X.class does not exist. IMHO this is confusing,
 >  not only because the message is slightly wrong, but also because SUN
 >  javac/jikes doesn't print a message at all in this case.

 I don't understand/can't reproduce what you're describing. If I refer
 to your original testcase, I witness the following behavior:

   $ gcj -C dummy/ClassA.java
   $ touch dummy/ClassA.java
   $ gcj -C dummy/ClassB.java
   dummy/ClassB.java:2: warning: Source file `./dummy/ClassA.java' for
   class `dummy.ClassA' is newer than its matching class file. Source
   file used instead
   $ rm dummy/ClassA.class
   $ gcj -C dummy/ClassB.java

 Am I missing something? I'd love to see a test case.

 On a side note, I just realized that my patch was ill-formed and
 wouldn't apply properly. I'm replacing the existing patch.

 ./A