Re: gcj/196

The following reply was made to PR gcj/196; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: "green@cygnus.com" <green@cygnus.com>
Cc: "'java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com'" <java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com>,
        "'mdejong@cygnus.com'" <mdejong@cygnus.com>,
        "'bryce@albatross.co.nz'" <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
Subject: Re: gcj/196
Date: 15 Aug 2000 14:20:18 -0600

 Anthony> I don't think the compiler should pass the rpath flag down to
 Anthony> the linker.  My reasons are:

 Anthony> 	- it's different than what we do for C++ and C

 That's fine for now.  Later we should change to follow whatever gcc
 decides to do for a shared libgcj.so.

 Anthony> - we can only guess where the library will be - the compiler
 Anthony> has no way to know.

 That's especially true given that people might build on one system for
 some system with a different layout.

 Anthony> I will close this PR in a few days unless somebody objects.

 Thanks.

 Tom