libgcj/277

The following reply was made to PR libgcj/277; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: Java Gnats Server <java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Subject: libgcj/277
Date: 03 Jul 2000 14:32:10 -0600

 I looked into this a bit more.

 Consider the appended Java program.

 This runs differently under Sun's JDK 1.2 and gij.

     creche. java pw
     zardoz has spokenfnord!

     23
     creche. gij pw
     zardoz has spokenfnord!

     23fnord!

     creche.

 I think the fix is to change print() methods in PrintStreamWriter to
 call write(String) and not print(String).

 If, in the appended program, I change the print method to `write' and
 change its implementation to call `super.write' then I get this:

     creche. java pw
     zardoz has spokenfnord!

     23fnord!

     creche. gij pw