Re: gcj/49

The following reply was made to PR gcj/49; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: green@cygnus.com
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com, jimb@cygnus.com, apbianco@cygnus.com,
        tromey@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcj/49
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 09:58:31 -0700 (PDT)

 Anthony> I don't have a full patch for this yet. but this is very
 Anthony> close.  All that's missing is a check to see whether or not
 Anthony> we should actually emit it.  I think the compiler driver
 Anthony> should pass this info down to jvgenmain.  Do any of you
 Anthony> understand specs will enough to do this?

 I could figure it out if I knew how to determine whether we need to
 emit this.  For instance, how do I know when the platform does not
 support stabs?  And how do I know whether or not it is needed?  Do I
 just check for -g?  (And how are we going to make this work with
 Dwarf?)

 Tom