Re: gcj/200: gcj issues an error instead of a warning

The following reply was made to PR gcj/200; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
To: oliver@atecom.com
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcj/200: gcj issues an error instead of a warning
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:45:32 +1200

 Hi Oliver,

 Thanks for the bug report. This is a known problem - see PR gcj/148
 ("Definate Assignment Problem"). However, I'm going to add your test
 code to our regression suite, because it deals with a try/finally block
 rather than a try/catch block as in 148.

 BTW, I dont think this code should generate either an error or a warning
 - at least, it is accepted by both javac and jikes.

 regards

   [ bryce ]