Re: java.lang/11

The following reply was made to PR java.lang/11; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
To: green@cygnus.com, java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: java.lang/11
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 11:26:53 +1300

 green@cygnus.com wrote:

 >      This is normal behaviour.  The comp.lang.java.programmer FAQ
 >      says:

 I did write a fix for this (using a resizable ring-buffer) before I decided that the
 JDK is wrong to implement this behavior. For some applications, blocking stdin is a
 good thing. Although many JDKs _don't_ block, this isn't specified by any spec or
 documentation, so I think its best to keep things as they are.

 >      I have a test program that exhibits the failure mode
 >      with the JDK, but not with GCJ.

 >      I think we should just close this one.

 I concur.

   [ bryce ]