Re: gcj/84: path to classes.zip is compiled in to gcj at build time

The following reply was made to PR gcj/84; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: bryce@albatross.co.nz
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcj/84: path to classes.zip is compiled in to gcj at build time
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 18:54:33 -0800 (PST)

 >>>>> "Bryce" == bryce  <bryce@albatross.co.nz> writes:

 Bryce> It would be better to have gcj try to locate classes.zip
 Bryce> based on where the gcj binary is located.

 We have code to do that here at Cygnus.  It is based on general
 location-independence code in gcc.  However, to my knowledge, the
 location-independence code has never been submitted back to gcc.  My
 understanding is that nobody has had the time.  Has this changed?  If
 so, the gcj changes are trivial to bring over.  If not, I'll add it to
 my ever-growing list of things I wish I could do ...