This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Allocate Class instancs on heap; not conservatively scan DSOs
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:59:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Allocate Class instancs on heap; not conservatively scan DSOs
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 09:43:08AM +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> This is a small (!) part of a more ambitious set of changes I've been
> developing on a branch. It moves all static data out of BC-compiled
> DSOs onto the heap, so we no longer need to scan static data
> conservatively. It's been tested extensively with JOnAS and Eclipse;
> with Eclipse, the time spent garbage collecting is halved.
> It's still not completely done & dusted, but it's good enough to be
> merged onto trunk, to be improved there.
You've got discretion on this as a front end maintainer; but we are in
Stage 3... is there enough time to get this done & dusted before we
branch for 4.2.0?