This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: [Patch] Add option to reduce amount of reflection data to gcj...
- From: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- To: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>, Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:27:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Add option to reduce amount of reflection data to gcj...
- References: <44152B28.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4415F5FF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
David Daney wrote:
Andrew Haley wrote:
I don't think the -freflection-data=none option should be there in its
current form, since it breaks so much. Perhaps this option could be
enhanced so that we don't silently generate incorrect code. We should
report an error instead.
OK, I changed it so it breaks slightly fewer things.
After thinking about it more, I am starting to agree with you.
Let me change it again so that we have only one option
"-freduced-reflection" that has the semantics of
-freflection-data=reduced. This will simplify the patch a little and
remove the possibility of generating code that is severely broken.