This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
libgcj / Classpath relicensing and cooperation
- To: Java Announcements <java-announce at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: libgcj / Classpath relicensing and cooperation
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 06 Mar 2000 14:49:09 -0700
- Reply-To: tromey at cygnus dot com
We're pleased to announce the relicensing of libgcj and Classpath.
The new license, which will apply to all parts of both projects (with
the exception of the AWT implementation in Classpath) will be the GPL,
plus a special exception which allows its use in non-GPL applications.
Ownership of libgcj will be assigned to the FSF.
We intend to merge the libgcj and Classpath class libraries, choosing
the best implementation of each class. In the end, libgcj will use
Classpath (without AWT) as an upstream source for its class libraries.
- The libgcj and Classpath hackers