This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
- To: Java Announcements <java-announce at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: New stuff
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 16 Feb 2000 11:03:53 -0700
- Reply-To: tromey at cygnus dot com
It's been a long time since the last libgcj release. And, while we
still can't do a release (because we need to synchronize with a gcc
release), we thought it might be nice to send out an update on what
has changed since libgcj 2.95.1.
* Kresten Krab Thorup donated a Java bytecode interpreter, so now you
can run a mix of compiled and interpreted code. Currently the
interpreter only works on x86.
* Warren Levy wrote a pure Java implementation of java.math.BigInteger
based on classes contributed by Per Bothner.
* Andrew Haley wrote java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace() -- this is
very cool, and it even demangles the manged Java method names.
* Tom Tromey added JNI support, which is currently in testing. He
also finished the reflection support, including Method invocation.
* Andrew Haley also added setjmp/longjmp (aka sjlj) exception support,
so exceptions should work basically everywhere now.
* ... plus we have the usual long list of bug fixes and less major
Finally, we have some other cool stuff in the pipeline (people who
follow the patch lists know what I mean); I'll send more email as it