This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Should "can_create_pseudo_p" check "lra_in_progress"?
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 11:19:49 -0600
- Subject: Re: Should "can_create_pseudo_p" check "lra_in_progress"?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/5/18 7:04 AM, Andrew Stubbs wrote:
> I just tracked down a "reload" bug and was very surprised to find that
> can_create_pseudo_p doesn't return false during register allocation when
> using LRA.
> It's still defined like this:
> #define can_create_pseudo_p() (!reload_in_progress && !reload_completed)
> Is it deliberate that it doesn't check lra_in_progress?
I think its deliberate. IRA and I believe LRA can create pseudos while
they are running. Vlad would know for certain.